Weight loss calculator
You want to lose weight, but do not know, what rate of weight loss is right for you? Then, use this weight loss calculator.
It takes into account such parameters as height, sex, age, physical activity and, of course, your current weight.
After the calculation, you will learn the daily norm of calories needed for maintaining your present weight and the daily rate of calories to achieve the goal.
Using this calculator, you can be sure that your weight loss program is healthy for the body, and fast pace of weight loss does not hurt your body.
If the selected pace does not match generally accepted standards of a healthy diet, you will see a special warning.
The instruction on using calculator
1) Enter the the original data (height, weight, age, activity level, weight loss start date, the number of pounds (or kilograms)
you want to lose.
2) Once you hit the “Calculate” button, the program automatically will calculate the amount of calories needed to maintain current weight
3) Then the program will offer you five options for losing weight. Choose one of them, which is best suited to you.
- Option 1: 500 calories less than your total daily calorie needs. (approx. 1lb a week — add in more exercise to burn more calories)
- Option 2: 15% less than your total daily calorie needs. (slow but steady)
- Option 3: 20% calories less than your total daily calorie needs. (average loss)
- Option 4: 25% calories less than your total daily calorie needs.(moderate)
- Option 5: 30% calories less than your total daily calorie needs. (aggressive)
Note: This calculator will not go below 1200 calories a day for women and 1800 calories a day for men.